Salam and Commodity Futures
Is commodity futures trading prohibited by the Islamic Shariah? The following reasons are usually offered.
1. There is no exchange of physical goods.
2. The goods are not produced yet.
3. It involves predicting the future
4. It involves hoarding, (holding the goods from the market until the prices go up to sell at profit)
5. It is a type of insurance.
6. It is a form of gambling.
This discussion is part of IBF Net Classics.
Access the original discussion here.
Abdulkader Steven Thomas
Mahmoud A. El-Gamal
Sorry, there were no replies found.